Friday, October 8, 2010

John and Mary Do Lima!





So, if you followed my blog while I was in the Dominican Republic, you may recognize this guy. John was one of my closest friends in the DR and he came here to spend ten days with me. It's been great so far! John studied abroad here the semester before we went to the DR, so he's been showing me around to all his favorite places in Lima and introducing me to all his friends.

He got in Monday night around midnight, so there wasn't much else to do besides grab a drink. Some of the fun things we've done so far have been going to the center of Lima and the top of Cerro San Cristobal, which offers a spectacular view of Lima, with John's friend Junior. It's really impressive how enormous the city is, which is impossible to realize when you're walking around. It's not very tall, but very VERY wide! That night, we went out to hang out with my friends.

Today, we went to the Peru vs Costa Rica soccer game with Junior, which was really fun, especially since both countries are near and dear to my heart. The final score was 2-0 Peru. After that, we got some dinner and headed out to the Circuito de Aguas Magicos. It's a park full of beautiful enormous fountains. One of them features a laser show to typical dances among other things. Another fun was a labyrinth that you could run through and the game was not to get hit by the water, but the water would shoot up and trap you inside the paths in the labyrinth. I got out of there dry and was in the minority.

We have some other things planned out today that I'm not going to ruin future blog posts by listing. All in all, it's great having him here and I feel like I'm on vacation too! It's funny because we're both from the States, but we've never hung out in there since we live so far apart -- he's from Washington the state. We met in the DR and now we're here together, so we're making it a rule that we can only hang out outside of the US, preferably Spanish-speaking countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment