Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sandboarding in Huacachina




John and I got out of Lima for a few day and headed south into the desert. We went to a little oasis called Huacachina which only exists for tourism, but with reason. It is a VERY fun place! The main activities available are laying around by the pool that every hostel and hotel is equiped with, dune buggying, and sandboarding. We did all three and had a great time. We took a bus ride back to Lima on Monday night completely covered with sand and I woke up this morning pretty sore from my wipe out.

I bought a bottle of pisco over the weekend that is mixed with grape juice, so it's more like a wine. I couldn't say no to this offer. While we were in a pisco kiosk tasting different types, I sneezed and blew my nose. The woman selling said that she had a pisco that would completely cure my cold. While I was tasting it, she also said that it soothes menstrual cramps. Done. Someone sure knows how to sell to ladies! Looking forward to seeing how this miracle pisco works out for me. I fact-checked it with Maria and she said that in the sierra they drink hot pisco or aches and pains and colds, so maybe there is something to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment