Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Last Days in Lima






I had to say my final goodbye to Lima this morning, and it was so hard. Susan got in on Saturday and while she's been seeing everything for the first time, it's been sad for me to see it all or the last time, at least for a while. It's been a weekend of pisco sours, lots of food, and visiting my favorite places in the city. For our farewell party, we had another potluck, and just like before we finished dinner very full and very happy as everything was delicious. It's so bittersweet because we're all so excited about the trips we're taking, but heartbroken over saying good. The good thing, we all travel a lot so we could easily run into each other another day in another country and I can't wait to do my tour to visit everyone!

Susan and I have been having a really nice time in Peru so far. We spent Saturday lazying around Miraflores, Sunday we went into Barranco and then cooking green bean casserole to bring to the pot luck. We couldn't find Frenchies onions, so we went with smashed potatoe chips mixed with onions and it tasted delicious. Everyone loved it. Then Monday was our major site seeing day. We went to Huaca Pucllana, el Centro, Monasterio San Fransisco (the catacombs), La Muralla, Plaza San Martin, Kokopelli's for my last cinnamon pisco, La Mora for some pastries, and then to Barranco for a latin jazz concert. It was a really nice day. We also spent some time talking to Maria and Lucia. I'm really going to miss them. I've had such a wonderful semester in Peru and I can't believe that it went by so fast. I hope to come back someday soon!

We're in Cusco now. Altitude sickness didn't get me this time, but Susan isn't feeling too hot. I hope she never gets to the point I was when dad and I came to Cusco. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment