Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dangerously Addicted to Peruvian Chinese Food



Lima is full of chifas, or Chinese restaurants. They are great because, not only are they everywhere, but they are also easily the cheapest meal you can get in town! They are pretty similar to Chinese restaurants in the States, expect without Moo Goo Gai Pan and General Tso's Chicken, which kind of breaks my heart. Besides that though, they are slightly dirty, shaky costumer service, and my favorite on even has a neglected fish tank. The average meal at a chifa is about 7 soles, which amounts to about $2.50 and includes an enormous bowl of soup, fried rice, and a stir fry (or whatever you ask for). You can get cheaper meals though. Today, I was craving fried rice, so I went to my favorite chifa, just around the corner, and got some soup and a huge plate of fried rice for 5.50 soles, so about 1.75 USD. I haven't found a place that serves egg rolls yet, but there are still many chifas that I'm yet to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment