Friday, September 17, 2010

Old School: A Peruvian Beatles Tribute Band





Last night the Anthropology department at La Catolica was hosting a party complete with a Beatles tribute band! I went with three of the girls from my Urban Popular Culture class. They were no 1964: The Tribute, but still very very fun. It was fun for me to be in a crowded Peruvian night club listening to Beatles music and having everyone around me singing a long as well. It made me realize really how influential The Beatles were -- even younger generations in Peru still listen to them! It was also funny to to have the band introducing songs in Spanish and then singing them in English. They played a really wide range of songs and opened the set with All My Loving, which made me so happy being that it's my favorite Beatles tune. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment