Tuesday, November 2, 2010

La Primavera


As I continue to hear stories about how chilly it's getting back in Ohio and Indiana, I thought I'd let you all know that springtime is in full force here in Lima. The climate here is really interesting, because the seasons vary drastically in every region. While on the south central desert coast the days are getting longer, the sky bluer, and the temperature warmer, the sierra and the cordillera are getting cloudy and rainy. The Amazon is also entering it's rainy season. I live on the coast though, so I am loving being able to lay out in the early afternoon and work on my tan and leave the house at night without donning a winter hat and scarf! I'm not the only one ecstatic about this change of weather -- I spent this morning walking along the waterfront and stopped to for a bout a forty minutes to watch a pod of about ten dolphins playing in the surf. The kitten in the picture clearly knows how spring time should be celebrated... sun bathing on the ruins of colonial era stone houses in the center of Lima.

I only have a little more than a month left in Peru and about two months left in South America total... While I miss my friends and family, it breaks my heart to think about leaving behind the South American summer for a midwestern winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment