Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another day in Lima...



Today wasn't too eventful, though Tessa and I successfully used public transportation multiple times. I don't have too much to say... we walked around, did some shopping (soon I will have a working cell phone), and went to the Lima Film Festival with Jasmine. She's friends with a Paraguayan director and one of her films was being showed tonight. I also taught Tessa how to knit... she's catching on really well and stopped using her legs when she does it. She should have hat in no time!

That's about all I got. I decided which classes I want to take and I have next week to try them out and then do the official registration. I'm taking gardening, chorus, urban popular culture, modern dance, and ecotourism. I'm also writing a paper on archaeological tourism using Huaca Pucllana, the site I'm volunteering at, as my case study for credit. I'm really looking forward to a fun semester and I'm going to learn a lot.

While the weather isn't gorgeous, the city is wonderful and it hasn't gotten to me to too badly yet. I keep holding out for a sunny day to take pictures of the city and campus, but am starting to doubt it will come, since it is Peru in the winter time. Here are pictures of the Peruvian deer that hang out on campus and a sign reminding everyone that while they live with us, they are not our pets. There are also some pretty awesome multi-colored squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment