Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day at La Catolica


Today was international student orientation at the university La Catolica. While the sessions were extremely boring, I met some really cool girls, which made the day worth it. There are people here from all over the world! I spent all day hanging out with Tessa (my housemate), Sophia from Germany, and Jasmine from Paraguay. After orientation was over, Jasmine and her boyfriend, who is Peruvian, taught Tessa and I how to use the bus system, which was extremely useful!

When I got home, Alonso and I went to LarcoMar, which is this fun outdoor mall situated on a cliff facing the Pacific. I indulged in a Starbucks mocha and it was delicious... today was pretty chilly!

Today, the sun didn't come out at all... I'm regretting not taking pictures yesterday when the sky was blue and the city looked beautiful! Here's on though of me by the ocean from today -- a typical day in Lima during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment