Saturday, August 14, 2010

Surfing!


Yesterday, I went down to the beach to read a book and found the place lined with surfing schools, so instead of reading, I decided to take a surfing lesson and had a blast! The waves were really constant and pretty gentle... I got up 4 or 5 times! One of the things that I love about living in Miraflores is that it's the district of Lima that's right on the beach, so while it's enormous, it still has a beach town feel is full of surfers, fresh seafood, and it really laid back. I posted a picture of me and surf instructor, Manuel.

I also went out dancing for the first time last night and it was great We met up at the Plaza in Barranco where there a firework show and a marching band.I'm not too sure what they were celebrating, but I was really happy to run into it! After that, we spent the night in discotecas and I remembered how much I love dancing the merengue and the bachata!

No comments:

Post a Comment